- Examples of what personally identifiable information (as defined below) is collected from users through your use of this site and how this is done;
- How your information will be used;
- With whom your information may be shared, disseminated, or transferred, and under what circumstances this can occur;
- How your personally identifiable information can be disclosed to other third parties when using our site;
- Our security measures, if any, to protect against the disclosure and misuse of users’ information;
- Who to contact if you have any questions regarding this Policy and use of your information.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE SITE. By using our site you consent to our collection, processing, and use of your personally identifiable information—as well as its use by our third-party service providers as described below—and its disclosure and transfer in certain instances as set forth in this Policy.
We take reasonable precautions to protect your privacy, depending upon the nature of the information to be protected. We cannot, however, guarantee absolute privacy or security and that no unauthorized third party will ever receive your information or that any transmission of such information or data will always be secure and protected.
What Information We Collect and How We Do It
Information can generally be collected in two ways: (1) Information that is knowingly and voluntarily input into the system directly by you in response to particular prompts, queries, or fields that require an affirmative response; and (2) information that is collected automatically when you interact with our site in various ways, regardless of whether you input any data. If your use of the site is limited to simply viewing its content, then you will not have to voluntarily input any information. However, if you intend to use the site to purchase our products, you will have to voluntarily input certain data. Also, this site automatically collects some information when you use it. This is explained in more detail below
Some information can be “personally identifiable.” This means any type of information that could be used to identify or be readily associated with a particular individual using this site. Examples of personally identifiable information include but are not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, or any combination thereof.
For you to order and purchase products from our site and for us to fulfill your orders, you will be required to provide information about yourself to us, such as your full name, address, e-mail, payment information, and other data. If you leave an item in the site’s “shopping cart” but don’t make a purchase, this too allows us to collect personally identifiable information. Information will be used for order fulfillment and for our business and other uses and could be disseminated to outside third parties in some instances, as set forth below.
The transmission of an e-mail or other communication voluntarily initiated by you to us can transmit personally identifiable information about you. If you include your name, telephone number, and other information in the body of the e-mail (and sometimes in the e-mail address itself), this information is personally identifiable. You should not send personally identifiable information to the site via unencrypted e-mail, particularly information that you deem to be sensitive or confidential. As described below, this information could be disclosed in certain circumstances.
Automatic collection of information refers to information and data collected from you that does not require you to intentionally provide certain information in response to particular fields or prompts. For example, this site uses “cookies.” A cookie is a small text file placed on your web browser by our site that is used to recognize users who have visited the site previously. Cookies provide a way for the site to recognize you and keep track of your preferences and use. In general, the cookies we use and that some of our third-party service providers may use could reside on your computer for a long period of time after you last used our site (or until you delete or otherwise dispose of them from your computer).
We also automatically collect your “internet protocol” (“IP”) address and information about the device that you are using to access our site. An IP address is a unique series of numbers that identifies each computer, mobile, or communications device which connects to the internet. An IP address can be used to provide information such as the date and time of your visit, the popularity of various functions and web pages, and the amount of information transmitted to each user from the site. We use your IP address to determine the frequency of site visits and which pages and functions are accessed. This will allow us to improve the site’s functionality, content, and usability.
We do not consider personally identifiable information to include information that has been made anonymous by removing various identifying features, or that which may be aggregated so it can no longer be used to readily identify a particular user.
How We Use Your Information
Having accurate and current information permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience with the site. In addition to any other uses discussed in this Policy, we may use information collected about you from the site to:
- E-mail, contact, or update you about your orders or usage of the site;
- Fulfill and manage payments and other transactions related to your use of the site;
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the site;
- Assess and evaluate functionality and features of the site;
- Add, remove, or modify certain features of the site;
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the site;
- Analyze and evaluate the site’s data and analytics;
- Notify you of updates to the site when necessary;
- Compile anonymous and aggregate statistical data for use internally or by certain third parties;
- Deliver targeted advertising, marketing communications, and other information about promotions or offers to you;
- Offer new products, services, or recommendations to you;
- Provide push notifications to you about the site and its products or services;
- Perform other business activities and services relating to the site as needed;
- Prevent improper or inappropriate use of the site;
- Process payments, refunds, and other financial transactions;
- Request feedback and contact you about use of the site;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot technical and other problems;
- Respond to product and customer service requests;
- Solicit support, reviews, or endorsements for the site and its products or services;
- Comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations, orders, and directives;
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas or other court or governmental orders, directives, or requests;
- Enforce our policies, contracts, and other legal rights;
- Prevent fraudulent transactions and monitor against theft and loss;
- Protect against actual or suspected illegal activity; and
- Prevent physical, emotional, or financial harm.
As discussed below, this Policy and these uses may be amended by us from time to time. Except where expressly prohibited by law, any information and data collected on our site may be stored, retained, and used by us for an indefinite period of time unless you expressly ask us to remove it from our records and it is legal for us to do so. This does not apply to third parties and our third-party service providers, which you would have to contact separately to make those requests.
Dissemination of Your Personally Identifiable Information to Third Parties
There may be instances when we use, disseminate, or transfer your personally identifiable information to outside third parties. For example, if we reorganize, sell, or transfer all or a portion of MYB’s assets; or undergo a merger with another entity; or are acquired by a third party; we may transfer your information to the new, joint, or successor entity as part of the transaction. If we go out of business, enter bankruptcy or receivership, or experience any other insolvency event, your information would likely be considered to be an asset of MYB that would be transferred, purchased, or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge and agree that such transfers may occur in these situations and that the transferee may decline or refuse to honor any commitments we made to you pursuant to this Policy.
We may also use third-party advertisers to present certain targeted advertisements to you on other websites and platforms. In certain instances, you may be able to opt-out of some of this targeted advertising if you wish on sites such as Facebook, Google, and Bing by visiting their sites and following their policies and procedures, or through the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal.
We may also share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this Policy. Affiliates include but are not limited to our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners, or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us. In addition, we may share your personally identifiable information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
As stated above we may assist federal, state, or local law enforcement in civil or criminal investigations or actions, and/or respond to subpoenas or other court or governmental orders, directives, or requests for information as well.
Third Party Service Providers
We contract directly with certain third-party service providers, including but not limited to Shopify, Websavers, and Google Analytics to: Assist us and enable our site’s functionality, implement features so the site can operate as intended, understand how our users interact with it, and otherwise offer our products and services to you.
This Policy does not apply to the privacy and data collection practices of our service providers, which may have different policies and practices. Any inquiries about said policies and practices must be directed to the appropriate service provider. We will not answer any inquiries about an outside service provider’s policy or practices.
We take reasonable steps designed to protect your personally identifiable information, including but not limited to encryption in some instances.
We do not actively market, target, or direct our efforts to, or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13) years. The site is intended for use by adults only.
We may update this Policy from time to time as we deem necessary at our sole discretion. Notice of such updates, amendments, and/or changes (collectively, “changes”) will be provided on our site. We encourage you to review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect, use, and share personally identifiable information, as this may be modified. Continuing to use our site after we post any changes to this Policy constitutes your agreement and acceptance to be bound by such changes. Any changes to this Policy take effect immediately after being posted or as otherwise stated by us.
Links to Other Websites
The site may contain links to other outside websites. We are not responsible or liable for the content, transmissions, or privacy practices of these other sites. Any questions that you have must be directed to the appropriate party at that site.